Menlo Park, CA - March 9, 2022 - FeelitLIVE, the world’s first all-in-one choir tech platform, has announced Canada’s Top Choirs 2022 - the largest and most inclusive online secondary school choral competition in Canada. Canada’s Top Choirs (CTC) is a virtual forum to showcase the vast choral talent in the country. In its first-ever season, Canada’s Top Choirs celebrates secondary school choirs that generate beautiful music every day and are the embodiment of teamwork, resilience, talent, diversity, hope, and positivity. CTC follows the tremendous success of FeelitLIVE’s America’s Top Choirs - High School edition held last fall.
Secondary school choirs from across all provinces and territories are invited to upload a song performance recorded during the 2021 academic year. The entry fee is CAD $40, and submissions must be received on or before April 14, 2022.
A panel of leading choral experts will evaluate the entries and shortlist the Top 10 choirs that will be revealed as part of the Canada's Top Choirs Virtual Grand Finale event on Sunday, May 15, 2022, 5 PM PT/8 PM ET. The grand prize and other prize winners will be selected from the finalists by the judges and the audience during the Grand Finale.
Prizes and Give-Aways
The winning high school will receive a CAD $2,500 cash prize along with the Canada’s Top Choirs 2022 Award. Category winners in the following areas will each receive CAD $500: Best creative visuals, best choreography, outstanding live performance, best soloist, and best audio/video engineering. The top 10 finalists will have the opportunity to broadcast their entry at the CTC Grand Finale as well as the opportunity to set up their own virtual fundraiser.
To learn more and join the competition visit: feelitlive.com/canadas-top-choirs
- Robert Filion is the Choir Conductor for the University of Ottawa Choir. In 2013 Mr. Filion received the Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence.
- Dr. Jamie Hillman holds the endowed Elmer Iseler Chair in Conducting at the University of Toronto where he is also Director of Choral Studies and an Associate Professor.
- Dr. Jakub Martinec is director of choral activities at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Dr. Melissa Morgan is the Assistant Professor of Choral Music in the department of Media, Arts, and Performance at the University of Regina.
- Carrier Tennant is the founder and artistic director of the Vancouver Youth Choir.
About FeelitLIVE (www.feelitlive.com)
FeelitLIVE is the world’s first all-in-one choir tech platform, combining the power of technology and choirs to elevate the human experience. Choirs of every type—from school choirs to community choirs—use the platform to host, engage, connect, and monetize their content globally. FeelitLIVE is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, with passionate and talented team members on four continents.